Tuesday, September 30, 2008

On Becoming a Nerd but First the New Method

So I have decided that there will be no more of this sitting down once a week to write about life here at Oxford.  I will right when inspired and when I have something to say.  So hopefully I will be inspired more often since I am in the center of Oxford.
Now on becoming a nerd.  It is funny how in high school and dare I say some of college I still feared learning and being the "nerd." I wanted to be cool or some component of cool.  Now, I cannot sit here and say I would not like to be cool, but that being a nerd here is precisely that, cool.  I have heard people say things like, "oh that is so dante (as if a usual act of some friend)," or "I think I would marry Aristotle if here was right here,"  or even updating their current status on face book as, "Maggie is that than which a greater cannot be thought (a by product of reading Anselm of Canterbury's work Proslogion )."  
All to say is that I am really enjoying the environment, and hope to embrace the hidden and untapped nerdiness (a new word is in order) that I know I have.  I love to learn, and this place continues to feed that hunger.  Thanks for reading and if you feel so inclined, embrace your nerdiness.

2 comments:

Kristin Michelle said...

It feels so good to hear some affirmation for embracing the inner nerd. bravo dallas. you have always been the affirmation king in my mind.

Unknown said...

I always knew there was a nerd inside of you- I'm proud of you for embracing it! I must admit that Oxford sounds amazing and I'm a little jealous of all the learning that you are doing.