Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Everyone Is Watching

It is almost 10p.m.  I am about to head out for the night.  Tonight is election day.  What I have discovered is that everyone around the world will be watching.  I have never had so many people violate that sacred pact of not asking who you voted for.  I will save you from violating it too.  The JCR (Junior Common Room), which is like the hang out spot for St. Peters students are having a election night party.  There will be hot dogs, hamburgers, and Budwiser.  Supposedly the essence of America.  

I hope you have voted.  Even if you believe the your vote doesn't count.  At least take some ownership.  Okay enough of that.

It is incredible to me how much others know about our politics.  I was working out in the gym.  One of the screens, out of four, broadcasted live from the states about election updates.  Tonight will be a great night.  It will change our country, and some how every other country too.  Just know as you are watching your tv sets in America, so are the English.  Probably the Spanish, those Germans, and everyone else.  I hope we all have made a right decision.  

1 comment:

Korinne said...

Dallas. I emailed you. I hope you got it and I hope you are well.

paz y gozo,
kokane